Tuesday, April 7, 2009

me, an artist ?

when i was young my favorite subject in school was art, but it was only once a week and i had to wait til friday afternoon last period. i used to sketch everything and anything and tried my hand with charcoal, pastels and tole painting when i was doing ceramics back in the 80's.

i only started painting on canvas about 6 years ago, after i was encouraged to do them instead of my painted animal rocks by another artist at an exhibition i participated in. being a self taught artist, i make many mistakes, but i love the process of seeing a blank canvas turn into a painting with a few brush strokes. i never thought of myself as an artist until i painted canvases for my friends and they liked my work and that was encouragement enough to continue.

so this blog will be a collection of my paintings, so that i may keep track of them, since most belong to someone else now. i painted this calico cat for my american cat loving friend back in 2005.

1 comment:

  1. Well it seems I can comment but it doesn't have an anonymous section..... this blog and your photoblog seem to have a different comment section that your rocklady one...yet the layouts look the same.

    Love the effect of the fur in this painting.

    ReplyDelete