Friday, April 10, 2009

in 2004 i decided to give my daughters, one of my sisters and all my friends a small painting of their houses for christmas, without them knowing about it. i secretly went to everyone's house and took a photo and then made a 5x7 painting for each of them.

since both my sisters live in b.c. and i only had a photo of my older sister's house, my younger sister had to wait a year or two until i got out west to take a photo of her apartment building for her to get hers! she did send me photos of her balcony, but in the end i decided that that would be quite a boring painting and i decided to do the painting of the entrance since it had such a lovely garden in front, but you will have to wait to see it, because i lost the photo that i had taken of it when i lost a whole year's worth of photos on my computer, grrr...!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea........Is that Qt's house in the first one ??

    ReplyDelete